Join up to be part of the BIGGEST Productions in Ireland
Extras of all ages, looks, shapes and sizes needed
MovieExtras.ie are Ireland’s leading agency for Film, TV and Commercial Opportunities.
We will have 1,000's of days on set over the coming months with lots of different productions for people of all ages, shapes, sizes and looks.
MovieExtras.ie are involved in some of the biggest productions in Ireland including Fair City, Into the Badlands, The Professor & the Madman, I Kill Giants, RTE's Acceptable Risk and lots of videos and adverts. Starring some really big names - Mel Gibson, Natalie Dormer, Sean Penn, Zoe Saldana, Daniel Wu, Sarah Bolger, Nick Frost & Emily Beecham.
Our members have been involved in over 1,300 productions and have received over €10 million in fees.
Registration includes full Training at the Davenport Hotel and a Professional Photoshoot.
YES, we have several thousand people involved in productions every month. Though some months can be busier than others. Currently we are involved with 8 major productions and approx. 20 or so adverts and videos.
Currently our members are involved with:
- The Professor & the Madman starring Mel Gibson, Sean Penn and Natalie Dormer
- AMC's Into the Badlands starring Daniel Wu and Sarah Bolger
- US Film - I Kill Giants starring Zoe Saldana
- RTÉ's Acceptable Risk
- RTÉ's Striking Out
- Confidential Irish Action Drama Series
- Confidential Pilot
- Fair City
- Several Adverts, Videos & Promotions
Is work guaranteed?
Yes, we will guarantee to offer you work on set and if, after a year, we have not done so, we will refund your payment.
This only applies to members who are 18 and over. Click here for the T&C's.
90%+ of members with completed profiles who attended training have received an offer of work within 6 months and 82% of members who joined last year and are still with us, have received a payment from MovieExtras.ie.
Working as an Extra:
Work tends to be is casual, a day here and a day there - the more flexible you are the more opportunities you will be able to take up. Some members have even gotten continuing part time and temporary work from our directory.
A day on set can pay anything from €50 to €150 per day and if you get an advert, it can be up to and over €3,000. And the best thing about being an extra? No experience is needed as training will be provided!
Registering with MovieExtras.ie online is very straight forward. There are several membership options. These are:
- Fair City ONLY Membership (includes Training but not photoshoot) Click here for info
Individual - 1 Year reduced from €59.95 to €39.95
- Adult - Open to ALL productions we are involved with - includes Training & Photoshoot
STANDARD - 1 Year - two installments of €64.95 every six months
STANDARD - 1 Year @ €89.95
STANDARD - 2 Years @ €149.95 (Save €30)
- Under 18's - Open to ALL productions we are involved with - includes Training & Photoshoot
STANDARD - 1 Year @ €59.95
STANDARD - 2 Years @ €99.95 (Save €20)
- Family (up to 6 members) Click for more information
FAMILY - 1 Year reduced from €249.95 to €199.95
You can register your details and upload temporary photographs online. Registration includes Professional Photos, Online Training and attendance at one of our regular Training Sessions.
What you get:
By registering with MovieExtras.ie, you get the following:
- Professional photos at our monthly Photoshoots
- Weekly audition and casting notices
- Profile can be viewed by over 800 production companies and casting directors
- On-line training and attendance at one of our Training Days. Topics covered include Health & Safety on set, acting on set, increasing your opportunities.
- Career Advice - email Support@MovieExtras.ie
- Considered for opportunities through the MovieExtras.ie casting service
And a good story to tell :)
To see some frequently asked questions on joining MovieExtras.ie, click here
The majority of opportunities are in the Dublin, Wicklow and Greater Dublin Area. Though there has been a recent increase in opportunities outside Dublin.
Generally most of the work is for adults. While we do accept under 18's onto our books, please note that there is not the same volume of work available for them as there is for adults (have a look at any Irish production and you will see why).
Having good availability will benefit you in getting roles.