Casting Day for Extras
Saturday March 11th
The Davenport Hotel, 8 - 10 Merrion St Lower, Dublin 2,
10:00am to 5:00pm
We're looking for extras of all ages, shapes and sizes. No experience is needed as full training is provided!
We will have thousands of days on set over the coming months with lots of different productions.
Currently our members are involved with:
- 2nd Season of the US TV Series 'Into the Badlands' starring Daniel Wu
- TV3's Red Rock
- RTÉ's Fair City
- Cellar Door
- Confidential Crime Documentary
- Loads of Adverts & Promotions
Every month we have thousands of members involved in these productions and lots of adverts and smaller productions from corporate videos to shorts.
Our members have been involved in over 1,500 productions and have received over €10 million in fees. Last year 82% of members received a payment through our casting and directory service.
Registration includes Full Training and a Professional Photoshoot.
Is work guaranteed?
Yes, we will guarantee to offer you work on set and if, after a year, we have not done so, we will refund your payment.
This only applies to members who are 18 and over. Click here for the T&C's.
90%+ of members with completed profiles who attended training have received an offer of work within 6 months and 82% of members who joined last year and are still with us, have received a payment from MovieExtras.ie.
PRE PAY & SAVE
It costs €99.95 on the day for a year to include training and photos. Pre pay BEFORE midnight FRIDAY and get €10 OFF and two extra photos for your profile FREE (worth €50). Applies to new members one year individual membership.
Make up provided by MKF Institute
MKF Institute will have Make Up Artists in attendance at the Photoshoot event. There is no extra charge to have make up applied, however it may increase your waiting time on the day.
If you are interested in having make up applied before your photos, please ensure you arrive with a natural look.
MKF Institute is Ireland's leading college for Make Up Artists for film, beauty and television.
What do you get by registering?
By being a member to MovieExtras.ie, you get the following:
- Professional Photographs
- Full training including Health & Safety on set
- One years membership to MovieExtras.ie
- A microsite with your photos and details (you can send the link to your friends!)
- Your details will be available to over 800 production companies and casting directors who use the MovieExtras.ie online casting service
- Available for any casting work that MovieExtras.ie is involved with
- Updates about auditions and television programmes seeking contestants and audience
Please note: the photos taken at the Photoshoot are solely for your MovieExtras.ie online profile only and cannot be used for any other purposes.
What Happens on the Day:
- Stage 1 - Registration and Payment
- Stage 2 - Have make up for camera applied if required
- Stage 3 - Attend Training Session
- Stage 4 - Have Photographs taken
- Stage 5 - Completed paperwork handed in at Completion desk
Please allow 2-3 hours on the day. It is advised to pre-book as walk ins may not be seen to in time.
Training is mandatory, a lot of productions require us to supply ONLY people have gone through training, so it will increase your opportunities if you attend. Times are provisional and are dependent on number of attendees. Training times are subject to change.